Unmanned newsracks are found throughout the City. Sometimes their numbers and locations can cause problems for pedestrians and drivers.
A newsrack is considered abandoned if no publication has been sold from it, by a registered owner, for a period of more than 30 consecutive days.
If you have any complaints about newsracks call DSI at (651) 266-9090 or the DSI - Complaint Office at (651) 266-8989.
Newsracks must follow these regulations:
Return to Resident Handbook
- They are not allowed to interfere with pedestrian or motor vehicle right of way traffic.
- They must open toward the sidewalk and not the street.
- They are required to be maintained in neat and clean condition and in good working order.
- They should not have chipped or peeling paint, be covered in dirt, grease, graffiti, rust, or corrosion, or have broken glass or plastic.
- They must be structurally sound.