Saint Paul Minnesota The most livable city in America.
Go To Search
Notes for Tenants and Landlords
For Tenants: Landlord Not Making Requested Repairs

If you’re a tenant and your landlord is not making repairs, call us at (651) 266-8989 and ask for an inspection. You can also call Community Stabilization at (651) 225-8778. State law prohibits your landlord from retaliating against you for calling us (no evictions or rent increases).

Free legal advice for repair problems may be obtained by calling Housing Alliance Law Office at (651) 222-4731. In some cases, courts have ordered landlords to pay hotel bills while repairs are being made. Your landlord is required to provide decent, safe housing, and we can enforce this.

For Landlords: Registering Your Property
If you’re a landlord of a single-family rental or duplex and don’t live on the premises, you are required to register the property.

If you own single and/or duplex units, or you own more than one rental building, fill out the invoice for provisional fire certificate of occupancy.

You may also call us at (651) 266-8989 to get a registration form. If you are a landlord having trouble with a tenant, contact the Saint Paul Association of Responsible Landlords at (651) 647-6810.

Return to How to Make a Housing Complaint

Home | Contact | Site Map | Accessibility | Disability Access | Policies & Practices | Copyright Notices | Powered by CivicPlus