If the work is being done on a residential structure of one to four units, the contractor must be licensed by the:
- State of Minnesota (State of Minnesota Statutes Chapter 326.89)
- If not licensed, contractors must be deemed exempt by the State of Minnesota. Exemption by the State of Minnesota is not a license to do work in Saint Paul. Contractors claiming exemption must present a copy of their certificate of exemption from the State of Minnesota, Department of Commerce, to the City of Saint Paul and apply as a City of Saint Paul building contractor.
- City of Saint Paul (Saint Paul Legislative Code Chapter 326)
Note: Roofing contractors that work on residential structures of one to four units must have a State of Minnesota
contractors license. A license is not required if the work is being done on residential structures that have five units or more, or on commercial structures.
Re-roof, Roof Repair, & Roof
- Saint Paul Legislative Code, Sec. 34
- Minnesota State Building Code, 1305.1202
- Minnesota Rules, 7670, 7672, 7674 and 7676 (Energy Code)
- International Building Code, Sec. 714, Sec. 1009, Sec. 1202, Sec.1204, Sec. 2406, Chapter 6 and Chapter 24
- Minnesota Residential Code, Sec. R302, R303, R308, R310, and Chapter 7