Liquor Extension of Service Area - Temporary
This license allows a liquor licensee to sell or serve intoxicating liquors in areas outside the building structure which are immediately adjacent to and contiguous with the structure containing the licensed premises. There is a limit of 12 such extensions per location per calendar year.
If you have questions, contact DSI at (651) 266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center
See Chapter 409.25
of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about extending the liquor service area.
- Class T City License Application
- A letter requesting the extension which includes the name and date of the event, hours of operation, location of liquor service, type of security, and enclosures to be provided.
- District Council approval, or petition from at least 60% of owners and occupants of private residences, dwellings, and apartment houses within 300 feet.
- The licensee shall notify, at least 10 days in advance of the date of the proposed temporary extension, all owners and occupants who own property or reside within three 300 feet of the property line. A notice that includes the location, date and time of the proposed extension of liquor service, and specifically state: "If any person has comments about this proposed temporary extension of liquor service, they are encouraged to telephone the Mayor or Council Information and Complaint Office."
- Required fee
- A Noise Variance may be required (Chapter 293 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code). Contact Environmental Health at (651) 266-9090.
This license requires inspection approvals from Environmental Health [Ph: (651) 266-8989] and Licensing [Ph: (651) 266-8989].
The fee for a Liquor - Extension of Service Area (Temporary) License is $58.00 per request.
A Liquor - Extension of Service Area (Temporary) License is valid only during the date(s) and time(s) of the specific event.