Saint Paul Minnesota The most livable city in America.
Go To Search
Filing a Complaint About Police Service

Several options are available to you for making a complaint when you are not satisfied with the service you received from a member of the Police Department. An immediate concern can be conveyed to the Duty Officer, Emergency Communication Supervisor, or any supervisor where the employee works. You may also call, visit, or write the department's Internal Affairs Unit or the Civilian Coordinator for the Police-Civilian Internal Affairs Review Commission. Someone within the Police Department is available to talk to you about your complaint 24 hours day.

If you choose to talk with someone outside of the police department, you may contact the coordinator of the Police-Civilian Internal Affairs Review Commission or seek out a citizen complaint center,  which will assist you in filing a complaint. See the contact information below.

Contact Information
Police-Civilian Internal Affairs
Review Commission

367 Grove St.
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55101
Ph: (651) 266-5583
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Internal Affairs Unit
Saint Paul Police Department
367 Grove St.
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55101
Ph: (651) 266-5760
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

At other times you may contact the on-duty Watch Commander at (651) 266-5627 or the Communications Supervisor at (651) 266-7703.

Citizen Complaint Centers can also assist with filing a complaint:

  • NAACP: (651) 649-0520
  • Urban League: (651) 224-5771
  • Council on Asian-Pacific Minnesotans: (651) 296-0538
  • Council on Hearing Impaired: (651) 297-7305
  • Human Rights: (651) 266-8964

What if I'm still dissatisfied?
If you're still dissatisfied, you always have recourse to the courts, human rights enforcement agencies, and elected officials to further pursue a matter.

Home | Contact | Site Map | Accessibility | Disability Access | Policies & Practices | Copyright Notices | Powered by CivicPlus