Saint Paul Minnesota The most livable city in America.
Go To Search
What To Do With Tree Debris

1100 Hamline Ave N
Saint Paul, MN  55108

Ph: (651) 632-5129
Fx: (651) 632-5115

7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Monday - Friday

The City is responsible for tree debris that resulted from damage to public trees.  Any debris resulting from privately owned trees is the responsibility of the resident.  The Park's Forestry Division is an excellent resource for questions from residents about how to handle private tree debris clean-up.  If you an unsure if tree debris is from public or private trees, please call the Forestry Hotline.

The City will clean up any debris that is determined to have been from a public tree regardless of where it landed.  If you think public tree debris has fallen in your yard please call the Forestry Hotline.  Forestry staff are extensively trained on tree identification so they can help you determine if the debris came off of a City or private tree.

If debris from a private property tree is blocking the public right of way, then the Forestry crews will clear that right of way.  However, this tree debris may be left in the owner's yard.

All residents are asked to clean up private tree debris as soon as possible 
after a storm, as lingering debris can pose a safety concern.  Ramsey 
County offers composting sites where residents can bring brush and 
debris at no charge.

For information on free drop-off:

Ramsey County Composting Sites 
Home | Contact | Site Map | Accessibility | Disability Access | Policies & Practices | Copyright Notices | Powered by CivicPlus