Many of the issues that are the most difficult for ISP neighborhoods are those of a national scale and, therefore, cannot be solved within the context of neighborhood boundaries. Nonetheless, the City is working with a full range of partners to mitigate their impact on our communities.Spotlight:
Closing the Achievement Gap
– Key to the long-term health of Saint Paul is the education of its children. Mayor Coleman’s Education Initiative is designed to:
Mortgage Foreclosure Prevention
- Strengthen our early childhood education system to ensure that all children are ready for kindergarten.
- Develop a full range of out-of-school time activities to bolster the academic achievement of school-aged children and young people.
- Create pathways to higher education for all young people.
- Increase training opportunities for those entering the workforce or seeking to improve their skills.
- The increase in mortgage foreclosures is a nation-wide trend, caused by a multitude of factors. We are partnering with organizations at all levels to address the broad range of issues that contribute to foreclosures. In Saint Paul, our primary concern is preventing foreclosure and keeping residents in their homes.
- Early intervention is key. Residents who are at risk of foreclosure should contact the City’s Foreclosure Prevention counselors immediately at (651) 266-6626.
- We are hosting workshops, in partnership with the Minnesota Home Ownership Center, to provide information and resources to residents.
- We have kiosks in Saint Paul Public Libraries designed to inform residents about available resources and how to access them.