Getting a Job With Right Track and Program Eligibility
To be eligible for Right Track you must be:
1) Ages 14–21 (must be a current sophomore or junior for YJ02).
A Saint Paul resident.
3) From a low-income family (income guidelines) or have a barrier to employment.
Right Track YJ02 features professional internships in office settings for youth who:
1) Are incoming high school juniors and seniors.
2) Have previous work experience or submit a teacher/counselor recommendation form in lieu of prior experience.
*Right Track interns will be required to provide documentation supporting their eligibility to work, including household income, age, residency, etc., upon request.
Getting a Job with Right Track
1. Applications must be submitted online at www.stpaul.gov/jobs between February 17, 2014 and March 14, 2014.
2. Watch your mail.
If you are eligible to work with Right Track during the summer of 2014, you will receive information via both snail mail and email about the Right Track Youth Jobs Expo. Applicants who are eligible for YJ02 Internships will receive additional information about the program.
3. Attend the Right Track Youth Jobs Expo.
Be sure to bring copies of your resume and dress professionally.
4. Search for jobs online using the Right Track YJ01 Job Bank.
5. Make yourself available and be proactive.
Potential employers may contact you for interviews. Check your email and voicemail often and respond promptly to calls.
6. Complete the new employee payroll packet.
Attend a session to complete your payroll packet. You will need to have a current photo ID and your original social security card or birth certificate.
7. Begin working.
Most youth will work for ten weeks during the summer beginning June 16.
Please note that submitting an application to Right Track does not guarantee employment, as Right Track receives many more applications than there are positions available.
STAY CONNECTED: Facebook, Twitter, or email