The Little Davis-Bacon City Ordinance requires all contractors and subcontractors performing work on city-funded (or state funded) construction projects in excess of $10,000 to pay their laborers and mechanics not less than the prevailing wage rate (as determined by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry and the Civil Service System) for corresponding classes of laborers and mechanics employed on similar projects in the area.
The prevailing wage rates consist of two components that together equal the total amount that must be paid:
- The hourly base rate
- The fringe rate
When Little Davis-Bacon Requirements Apply
- Certify and electronically submit weekly payroll showing payment of prevailing wages
- Contractor must ensure all subcontractors submit certified payroll.
- Payroll records must be kept for a period of 3 years.
- Ensure required prevailing wage contract language is incorporated into bid specifications in all contracts with subcontractors and any lower-tier subcontractors.
- Post the applicable prevailing wage decision and Prevailing Wage Poster Notice to All Employees in a highly visible and protected location at the project site.
- Submit and keep current the identification of the prime contractor and any sub-contractors working on the project.
- Submit a Contractor Profile form for all contractors, subcontractors and lower-tier subcontractors that are performing on-site construction.
- Provide proof that apprentice(s) are registered in approved programs.
- Permit City of Saint Paul Compliance Officers access to employees when conducting on-site employee interviews.