L.O.C.K.U.P. ® Police Combat
Arrest and Control - Train the Trainer Course
Date: October 22-26, 2012
Location: St. Paul Police Department Annex St Paul Police - Outdoor Range
3rd Floor Classroom / 2nd Floor Gym 2621 Linwood Avenue
100 East 10th Street Maplewood, MN 55119
Training Room and Gym (October 25th, 2012 - PM ONLY)
St Paul, MN 55101
Time: 0800-1700 Recommended Hotels
Instructors: Crprl Tony Follen - MN State Patrol
Off Josh Seifert - Bloomington PD
POST: 40 Credits
Cost: $ 630.00
The Saint Paul Police Department Professional Development Institute (PDI) is co-sponsoring with L.O.C.K.U.P ® and Lt Kevin Dillon (Ret) a 5-day L.O.C.K.U.P. POLICE COMBAT - TRAIN THE TRAINER COURSE. The arrest and control course is instructed through a combination of classroom, hands on instruction and training drills to facilitate retention among attending students.
Are you noticing that suspects are less apt to use violence to “get away” and more willing to “attack” officers?
If so, you need to take a look at this system. The chances of encountering suspects that think Mixed Martial Arts and “Cage Fighting” are fun have increased dramatically. This training is designed to push participants past “exhaustion” and train to win in the moments we “dread”.
Remember, individuals we may encounter at any moment are on the mat and in the ring as you read this.
Instructor candidates learn:
- Risk Management for Confrontations
- Legal Aspects of Use of Force
- Report Writing, Documentation and Tracking
- Instructional Methods and Techniques
- Understanding Factors for Victory or Defeat
- Controlling and Managing Fear
- Physiological and Physical Changes During Combat
- Fighting Maneuvers that Match the Physiological Changes
- Instructional Techniques That Work For the Individual
- Proper Striking Systems for Law Enforcement
- How to Trouble-Shoot Fighting Maneuvers
- Fighting Techniques and Fatigue
- Fighting from Standing, Kneeling and
- Team Communications and Pre-emptive Takedowns
- Ground Fighting
- Weapon Retention and Takeaways
- Edged Weapon Defenses and Countermeasures
- Training for Multiple Assailants
- Managing and Documenting Training
As a hand to hand combat instructor with over 20 years of experience I am highly recommending any
of the L.O.C.K.U.P. courses for all Law Enforcement officers, no matter what your job. I have been involved with many different hand to hand systems within the law enforcement community and the arrest and control system taught by KD is far superior in its effectiveness and simplicity.
President - Michigan Tactical Officers Assoc.
Go to: www.stpaul.gov/PDI to browse our website and click “Register Here” in the right margin fill out the registration form. If you have any questions, please call SPPD-PDI @ (651) 266-5652 or email: