Charles Avenue Project
The Charles Avenue Project was approved by the City Council on September 5, 2012. Thank you to everyone who provided comments and participated in the design process!
- Tuesday, July 17, 7-9 pm at the Central Corridor Resource Center, 1080 University Avenue West
- Wednesday, July 25, 7-9 pm at the Central Corridor Resource Center, 1080 University Avenue West
Transportation Committee of the Planning Commission
- Monday, August 13 from 4-5:30 pm, 13th Floor conference room, City Hall Annex, 25 W. 4th Street, Saint Paul. The Transportation Committee approved the public hearing design, with the additional recommendation to close the median at Sherburne and Snelling.
- Friday, August 24, starting at 8:30 am, Room 40, City Hall, 15 West Kellogg, Saint Paul. The Planning Commission approved the public hearing design.
Purpose & Scope
The purpose of the Charles Avenue project is to develop improvements along Charles Street, as directed in the Bike Walk Central Corridor Action plan
(adopted by the Saint Paul City Council in May 2010) and further refined as part of the Central Corridor Friendly Streets grass roots initiative
. These improvements will make travel safer and more pleasant for people no matter how they want to get around, whether it be on foot, on bike, or by car.
The project length will span from Aldine Street to Park Street along Charles Avenue.
Results of public meetings
Over 150 people attended the two public meetings in July. Thanks for providing so much thoughtful feedback to improve the project. Here's what we heard:
- Summary of Public Comments as of August 7, 2012