The Ford Twin Cities Assembly Plant in Saint Paul closed on December 19, 2011. The nearly 150-acre Ford site was home to an assembly plant operated by Ford Motor Co. for over 80 years. The property is located on the east bank of the Mississippi River in the Highland Park neighborhood of Saint Paul, surrounded by a vibrant residential community and bustling business district that grew up around it. The site provides an unprecedented redevelopment opportunity in the center of the Twin Cities region, in one of the most beautiful, stable and economically strong neighborhoods of Saint Paul.
** See Site Demolition for information on Ford site decommissioning **
Additional information about the Ford Site project is available below and in links to the left.
Tentative Ford Project Timeline
(includes key project activities described on these web pages)
Key reports issued for this project include:
- Phase I Planning - Five Redevelopment Scenarios for the Ford Site
- Ford Site Green Manufacturing Reuse Study
- Sustainable Stormwater Feasibility Report for the Ford Plant Site
- Roadmap to Sustainability for the Saint Paul Ford Site -- Full Report
and Exec Summary
- Ford Site Open Space Guidelines