Lilydale Fossil Hunting Permit
Permits are not being accepted at this time. Additional information will be posted on status as it becomes available.
Fossil hunting is by permit only. Lilydale Fossil hunting is a self-guided tour and the caves are not open to the public. There are no restroom or picnic facilities in the Brickyard.
*Please note from May 6 - September 2013 Lilydale Road will be closed east of the train trestle and continue west past Pickerel Lake parking lot.
Applications will be accepted beginning February 1st for for dates between April 1st and October 31st, weather permitting.
- Park hours are from 7:30a.m. to 9:30p.m. Fossil hunting is only allowed during park hours.
- Call the Permit Office at 651-632-5111 to make a payment if you are faxing or emailing your application. If mailing, please include payment with your application. All email applications can be sent to .
- Upon receipt of payment and a signed permit, a valid copy will be sent to the applicant. Permit holder is required to have a copy of the permit on location during the time of their tour.
- Permit is not valid until signed below by an authorized representative of the Department of Parks and Recreation.
- The park user will take all means necessary to fully advise participants (and their parent or guardians if participants are not adults) of all activities that park user and above group wishes to engage in when entering Lilydale Regional Park for the purposes stated above.
- The park user warrants at all times, that full and adequate adult supervision will be provided for any minor persons the park user brings into Lilydale Regional Park for the above purposes.
- The park user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Saint Paul from any and all claims of whatever kind or nature that may arise while the park user and/or persons acting under its auspices and control are on said property pursuant to this permit. As part of said indemnification, the park user fully acknowledges that some of the conditions and locations within the Lilydale Regional Park area are hazardous to persons or property and park user specifically assumes the liability of the City of Saint Paul as such claims or injuries may arise to persons or property due to its unsafe conditions.
- A rain date will be granted if the Park Permit Office is notified prior to the end of the reservation date.
GROUP APPLICATION RATES:
GROUPS OF 1 - 9: Standard Rate: $10.00 Tax Exempt: $9.29
GROUPS OF 10-99: Standard Rate: $25.00 Tax Exempt: $23.23
GROUPS OF 100-250: Standard Rate: $125.00 Tax Exempt: $116.15
GROUPS OF 251-500: Standard Rate: $175.00 Tax Exempt: $162.60
GROUPS OF 501-750: Standard Rate: $325.00 Tax Exempt: $301.98
GROUPS OF 751-999: Standard Rate: $575.00 Tax Exempt: $534.26
Organizations claiming tax exempt status must submit a completed ST3 form prior to making a park reservation. (This tax exempt number must be issued by the State of MN and not by the IRS Department of Treasury).
CANCELLATION POLICY: No refunds will be issued if request is made less than 30-days prior to the event date. Permits under $150.00 will not receive a refund. Permits over $150.00 will receive 50% of the permit fees.
2013 RESERVATION INFORMATION FORMS AND HANDOUTS