Police Community Relations
Resources related to the Police Civilian Internal Affairs Review Commission:
- Reflections from Councilmember Stark on changes to the Police Civilian Internal Affairs Review Commission, December 14, 2016
- Public Testimony and City Council Discussion from November 16, and December 7, 2016, on changes to the Police Civilian Internal Affairs Review Commission
- Audit of the Police Civilian Internal Affairs Review Commission by the U of M's Center for Restorative Justice & Peacemaking -- 2015
- Best Practice Assessment of the St. Paul Police Department by Berkshire Advisors, Executive Summary, January 2009
- PCIARC website, including how to file a complaint, and past annual reports
- Apply to serve on PCIARC
Resources related to Body-Worn Cameras in Saint Paul:
- Draft Policy for the Body Camera Pilot program in the Western Police District -- November 2016
- Public Testimony in November, 2016, on the draft body camera policy prior to the pilot period.
Citizens Police Academy
In response to popular demand, the Saint Paul Police Department’s Citizens Academy will resume this spring. This is a unique opportunity to get an up-close look at the department, the services it provides and the work of its Officers and Investigators. The 10-week course will be held in May, 2017 at the Saint Paul Police Department, 367 Grove Street St. Paul, MN. 55101.
Police officers and civilian personnel with expertise in law enforcement will instruct. Attendees will hear about insights and first-hand experiences ordinarily not shared with the public. Subjects will include: Community Engagement, Patrol operations, K-9 demonstrations, bomb disposal, evidence collection at crime scenes, Investigative procedures and much more.
The Citizens Academy is free to participants, who must be at least 21 years of age, pass a background check, and commit to attending the three-hour session each week. Space is limited to 20 participants.
Contacts: Sergeant Pamela Barragan at email@example.com or Saint Paul Police Community Engagement Unit at 651-266-5485