Pay it Forward
The Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce, SCORE Saint Paul, the City of Saint Paul, Ramsey County, African Economic Development Solutions, Hmong American Partnership, Latino Economic Development Center, Metropolitan Consortium of Community Developers, Neighborhood Development Center, and other partners launched a call for volunteers to serve as business mentors for a new Pay It Forward Program.
Leveraging an existing business mentor model developed by SCORE Saint Paul, Pay It Forward will engage an array of volunteers with financial and business experience to support local business owners who need assistance in navigating COVID-19 grant and loan relief opportunities.
- Business Mentor Volunteers. Pay it Forward Business Mentor Volunteers are community members with business and financial experience who can help support businesses who need assistance to navigate COVID-19 grant and loan relief opportunities. Community members who can speak Hmong, Somali, Oromo, Spanish, and Karen are encouraged to apply to ensure everyone in our community can access this resource. Those who are interested can apply now.
- Assistance for Businesses. The Pay It Forward Business Mentor program helps businesses navigate COVID-19 grant and loan relief opportunities at no cost.
Learn more and apply at saintpaulchamber.com/payitforward.
Personal Protective Equipment Donations
The City of Saint Paul is grateful for all of the community members who have expressed interest in donating personal protective equipment (PPE) to assist the City's response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The City is currently accepting donations for some items. Donations must be in unopened, original packaging in accordance with approved medical standards.
The following items are currently being accepted by the City:
- Masks (N95, surgical, procedural)
- Disinfecting Wipes such as Clorox or Sani-Cloth wipes
- Hand Sanitizer (At least 70% alcohol, Gel preferred)
- Isolation or Surgical Gowns
- Eye Protection (Safety Glasses or Goggles)
Donations of items on the list above will be accepted based on size and amount:
- Bulk Donations: Larger amounts (cases, pallet, etc.) likely of a commercial size
- Non-Bulk: Smaller, more residential amounts, which would fit into several standard grocery bags or less.
If you have supplies on this list in bulk quantities, please email Noel Nix at email@example.com.
If you have items on this list in non-bulk or individual items, please deliver the items to one our mobile collection sites at the following days and times:
- Mondays between 2 - 6 p.m. - Allianz Field West Parking Lot near Snelling Avenue
- Wednesdays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. – Highland Park Community Center Parking Lot
- Fridays between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. – Sears Parking Lot near Rice Street and University Avenue
The City of Saint Paul greatly appreciates your generosity and reminds you that we can all contribute to fighting the virus by practicing social distancing.
Donate to the Saint Paul Bridge Fund
Community members can donate to the Saint Paul Bridge Fund on GiveMN. Donations will increase the number of families and small businesses that receive funds through the program.The Saint Paul Bridge Fund includes funds provided by The Saint Paul Housing and Redevelopment Authority and private donors including the Baird, Bush Foundation, Ecolab Foundation, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Minnesota United FC, Minnesota Wild, Peter H. Seed, the Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation, Securian Foundation, Whaley Foundation, Xcel Energy, and over 160 individual contributors.