Thanks for a great season! Phalen Beach is now closed until summer 2021. Check out our indoor facility Great River Water Park at Oxford Community Center for year-round swimming fun!
Open daily 12pm - 8pm through Labor Day. Lifeguards will be on duty and public health guidelines in place. If weather and health guidelines allow, the beach and splash pad will also be open on 9/12, 9/13, 9/19 and 9/20.
Open daily 10am-8pm through Labor Day. Lifeguards will be on duty and public health guidelines in place. If weather and health guidelines allow, the beach and splash pad will also be open on 9/12, 9/13, 9/19 and 9/20.
Before arriving at Phalen Beach, visitors should be aware of the following:
- All park visitors are asked to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from anyone not in their household. Masks should be worn on the beach if physical distancing is not possible.
- Showers, changing rooms, and flush toilets will not be available. Beachgoers should maintain good personal hygiene before their visit, arrive in their swim clothes, and bring hand sanitizer if possible. Swim diapers are required for persons who are not potty trained.
- Portable toilets will be available.
- Drinking fountains and concessions will not be available. Prepare for your visit by bringing water, sunscreen and other necessities.
- Alcohol, smoking, vaping, dogs, glass, fishing, and inflatables are not permitted on the beach.
- Children must be supervised at all times. Lifejackets are available to borrow.
- Charcoal grilling is only permitted in the grass areas, and must be located safe distances from all facilities, walking trails, and beach areas.
- We request that visitors limit their time to 2 hours to allow others to use the beach.
Although lifeguards will be on duty and health and safety guidelines in place, Saint Paul Parks and Recreation advises visitors to use Phalen Beach at their own risk. Admission to the beach is free and all are welcome, however, public health officials advise those who are sick, exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or at a higher risk of illness to avoid visiting public places at this time. Updates and more information on Saint Paul Parks and Recreation's COVID-19 response are available at www.stpaul.gov/parks-covid19.
Lake Phalen Canoe & Kayak Storage
Do you have a canoe or kayak? Why not store it on Lake Phalen this summer and enjoy this pristine lake in the heart of Saint Paul whenever you like? Lake Phalen is one of the largest lakes in Saint Paul and no gasoline outboard motors are allowed on the lake, so it is a perfect place for peaceful boating on a sunny summer day. Canoe and Kayak storage is just $75 for Saint Paul residents and $100 for non-residents. Please complete the form below and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.