Adult Summer Softball
Municipal Athletics offers slow pitch softball leagues for men, women and co-rec teams, as well as fast pitch softball leagues for men. League games take place on weekday evenings. Team registration begins in February. Play begins mid-April to early May.
We are now seeking umpires. Please call 651-558-2255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2020 Adult Summer Softball
- NON-RESIDENT TEAMS - Teams with one or more players that do not live or work in Ramsey County are considered non-resident teams. Non resident teams must pay an additional fee of $50.
- Mandatory MANAGERS MEETINGS:
- Slowpitch = Tuesday, March 24 OR Thursday, April 2.
- Fastpitch = Monday, March 30 at 6:15-6:45 pm
- NEW & RETURNING TEAMS are required to attend. A team captain or a team representative must attend. We will be discussing rules, league changes, conduct policy and some Q&A. Balls & a scorebook will be given out at meeting, IF team roster is turned in.
- PRIORITY REGISTRAION opens: Monday, February 10, 2020 at 8:00 AM. Returning teams will have until Friday, February 14, 2020 to hold their league spot from 2020.
- NEW TEAM REGISTRATION opens: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 8:00 AM. Registration closes: March 17, 2020 at 4:30 PM or when leagues fill, whichever comes first.
- PAYMENT is due at the time of registration. No personal checks. League winners will receive a prize for 1st & 2nd Place
- LATE REGISTRATIONS will be accepted if space is available after March 17, 2020. There will be an additional late fee of $25.
- REFUNDS - Any team registering that drops before schedules are drawn will be refunded their entry fee LESS $25. Teams withdrawing from the league after schedules are drawn will be refunded their entry fee LESS $100. Once the league play begins, no refunds will be granted. Postponed games related to weather (a maximum of two games - singles & four games - doubleheaders will be rescheduled due to weather for 11 week leagues, one game for 6-8 week leagues.) will be rescheduled for the 2 weeks following the end of the season. In the event of inclement weather a complete game will be considered after 4½ or 5 innings depending upon which team has the lead before the game is canceled & have batted 5X.
- BALLS ~ slow pitch leagues use a USSSA Dudley Yellow Blue stitch COR .40 softball. The home team supplies a new softball for the game. The visiting team supplies a good used USSSA yellow blue stitch COR .40 softball. For fast pitch leagues use the Dudley Red Stitch SB12 COR 47.
- LEVELS OF PLAY – B, C, D, E No A division.
- HOMERUNS - On fenced fields there is a four home run limit per team and for Co-Rec games played at Dunning there will be a four home run limit for females only.
- Males will not be allowed to hit any home runs at Dunning. Any home runs hit in excess of the limit will be considered an out. Players may play in only one class of play (B, C, D, E) during league play, but may play on multiple teams of that same class. However players may not play on more than one team in the same league.
- PLAYOFFS - There will be no playoffs. A mixed league tournament may be offered. It is the expectation that participants in the Municipal Athletic programs conduct themselves appropriately. To ensure a safe environment for all participants, the Municipal Athletics Conduct Policy is strictly enforced. It is the responsibility of the managers to relay the conduct information to their team. Please refer to the enclosed copy.
- Managers must sign & return the Softball Notes of Understanding before the season begins.
- Leagues held at Phalen and St. Clair ball fields do not allow alcohol or tobacco use. No exceptions.
- Municipal Athletics does not insure the participants in our program. Teams and players play at their own risk. You may call the Athletic office for more information concerning team insurance that may be purchased through the USSSA or USA Softball formally ASA.
- Slow pitch - USSSA Bat Information - look online at http://usssa.com/slowpitch/Announcements/#/?gdSport=17&AA=517
- Fast pitch – ASA Bat Information – look online at http://slowpitch.mnsoftball.com/equipment
- All players and teams playing must have the approved USSSA bats with the logo or approved ASA stamped logo on the taper of the bat.