Summer Space | Youth Summer Program
About Summer Space
Due to the weather, Summer Space has been cancelled today (6/29) at all locations.
Summer Space is a free outdoor program for Saint Paul youth entering grades 1-6 that adheres to MN Department of Health guidance on COVID-19. The program offers a variety of structured activities that allow for participants to connect with their peers while keeping their “space” to allow for social distancing. Activities include arts & crafts, nature exploration, games, fitness, and more.
All activities will take place outdoors. Youth are encouraged to bring a water bottle. Program dates may be canceled due to weather.
When: Mon-Thu, two-week sessions beginning June 22, July 6, July 20, and Aug 3, 2020; Times vary by location
Where: Various Saint Paul parks and recreation centers
Who: Youth entering grades 1-6 in the fall
How to Register
Registration is required. Online registration is not available at this time. You must call the recreation center directly, Monday through Friday, 12pm-3pm to register. Registration is limited at each site so we encourage you to enroll youth only if they can participate in all eight days of programming. Each two-week session will have it’s own registration period opening one week prior to the first day of camp.
Saint Paul Parks & Recreation is taking the following safety measures consistent with the MN Department of Health's guidance on COVID-19 to ensure that all Summer Space participants are safe.
- Staff will monitor participants for COVID symptoms each day
- All programming will take place outside
- Staff will wear face coverings
- Participants are welcome to wear face coverings but not required
- Staff will clean high touch surfaces, recreation supplies, etc.
- Staff will promote frequent hand washing for 20 seconds
- Staff will provide hand sanitizer to all participants
- Staff will maintain small pods of nine participants for all games and activities to avoid mixing with other groups
Reminders for parents
- Have your child wear comfortable clothing and bring a water bottle
- If your child is sick, have them stay home
- In the event of severe weather, cancelations will be emailed, texted, and posted on Facebook approximately two hours before the program begins.