2019 Awardees and Guidelines
If you are unable to complete your project as planned, the following changes have been approved:
- Paperwork Deadline Extension: Payments will be issued upon receipt of the signed payment request form. Supporting documentation and reporting must be received 30 days after receipt of payment.
- Contract Extensions: All approved projects can receive a one-year contract extension. If a further extension is needed, contact your assigned project manager.
- Round One awards (Grant numbers 19-5XX) have a contract period of July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020. Upon request, the contract will be extended to June 30, 2021.
- Round Two awards (Grant Numbers 19-6xx) have a contract period of January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020. Upon request, the contract will be extended to December 31, 2021.
- Virtual Events: Live streaming and other virtual formats of approved projects are an eligible use of your Cultural STAR award.
- Canceled Events: Expenses incurred from canceled events, including but not limited to venue, artist or contract fees, are an eligible use of your Cultural STAR award.
Contact your assigned project manager or Nora Riemenschneider (email@example.com) to request any of the above changes, or with any other questions. Other flexible arrangements may be possible.
2019 Cultural STAR awards can not be transitioned to fund general operations.
Congratulations on receiving funding from the Cultural STAR Program! Whether your project involves an art performance or capital improvements for our cultural organization, or anything in between, you are helping Saint Paul remain the most livable city in America.
Crediting Cultural STAR
After receiving funds from this program, you are asked to credit Cultural STAR in a way that makes sense for your project:
There are two types of STAR logos that can be used when crediting Cultural STAR funding:
|Download a JPEG of the color logo||Download a JPEG of the black and white logo|
If you would like to also use a City of Saint Paul logo, it is available for download here.
For Capital Improvement Awardees
Capital Improvement awardees are expected to credit Cultural STAR with a physical sign. The sign specs are flexible based on the scale of the project and the discretion of the organization.
The Department of Planning and Economic Development has created a fillable .pdf that can be used as a template when creating your sign. This file can then be sent to a printing company and be posted near the site of the project.
For Special Projects and Organizational Development Awardees
Special Projects and Organizational Development awardees are expected to credit Cultural STAR in any advertising or publicity of the funded project, including websites, newsletters, signage and/or programs.
Language for funding acknowledgement is as follows:
“This activity is supported, in part, by the City of Saint Paul Cultural Sales Tax Revitalization Program.”