Ride Alongs - Experience a day in the life of an officer.
Whether you are exploring the idea of a career in law enforcement, wanting a closer look at the Saint Paul Police Department or concerned about crime in your neighborhood, ride-alongs can be a positive learning experience.
- Make your request in writing to the Chief of Police 367 Grove St., Saint Paul MN 55101.
- Your request must include your full name, e mail and phone number.
- All ride-along requests must be in writing and pre-approved by the chief of police or her/his designee.
- Ride-along requests must be submitted at least two weeks in advance.
- All participants must sign a waiver before participating in a ride-along.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Participants are allowed only one ride-along per calendar year, unless authorized by the chief of police or her/his designee.
- Ride-alongs are permitted on any day of the week (except holidays) and are open to all tours.
- Participants will not be permitted to wear any sayings, insignias or emblems on their clothing; and are not allowed to bring weapons, handcuffs, cameras or recording equipment.