Payne Avenue-Phalen Boulevard Sidewalk Infill
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work with our staff, contractors, and suppliers to deliver proposed 2020 construction projects during the COVID-19 pandemic. Saint Paul Public Works continues to follow all federal and state health and safety guidelines to protect our staff, partners, and community.
- Projects are anticipated to move forward.
- Community meetings and input for public hearings will be held online or by phone rather than in-person.
- Construction work will continue to be evaluated and may require adjustments.
- Updates will be posted as they become available.
- Construct new sidewalks along both sides of Cypress Street, Frank Street, and Duluth Street to improve safety and mobility to Phalen Lake Elementary School, the Duluth and Case Recreation Center, public transit on Maryland Avenue, and the Bruce Vento Trail at Phalen Boulevard.
- Repairs to existing sidewalks as needed.
- Upgrades to construct ADA-compliant pedestrian ramps.
- Expect impacts to private fences encroaching on the public right-of-way as well as impacts to boulevard trees, driveways, and entrances.
- Please plan for typical disturbance from construction activity.