Stormwater Project: Cherokee Heights
Stormwater management improvements are planned for Cherokee Park, just north of Annapolis Street West and Cherokee Heights Boulevard. Summer 2018, underground water quality improvement structures were installed in Cherokee Park to capture stormwater sediment.
Upcoming stormwater management improvements include stabilization of the ravine upstream and downstream of the large culvert under Cherokee Heights Boulevard.
The project improvements are being conducted under a cooperative agreement between the Lower Mississippi River Watershed Management Organization (LMRWMO) and cities of West St. Paul, Mendota Heights, and Saint Paul.
- Limited traffic impacts on Cherokee Heights Boulevard (north of Annapolis). Signage and barricades will be positioned for safety purposes and to identify truck traffic ingress/egress onto Cherokee Heights Boulevard
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Project work completed:
- Installation of sediment and erosion control measures
- Shaping of the channel
Work in next couple weeks:
- Finish shaping channel
- Bring in filter, fabric and riprap
- Install channel protection from downstream to upstream
- Complete access road at end of grading