Westbound Kellogg Boulevard "RiverCentre Bridge" Repair Project
What is happening?
The City of Saint Paul is performing rehabilitation work on westbound Kellogg Boulevard between West 7th Street and Washington Street to replace bridge expansion joints and resurface the concrete deck.
When is it happening?
Construction began on July 30 and should end around October 1, keeping in mind that this work is highly dependent on favorable weather conditions. In addition to weekday work, crews will likely be required to perform some work during evenings, overnights, and/or weekends to meet the construction timeline. Work will be coordinated to minimize disruption to downtown businesses and event centers including the Xcel Energy Center and RiverCentre.
How will you be affected?
Expect detours, elevated noise levels, and dust. Please plan additional time for driving and parking downtown during this project.
How will traffic and parking be impacted?
- The Kellogg Municipal Parking Ramp will be closed for the duration of the project. Contract parkers will be relocated.
- Westbound Kellogg Boulevard will be closed between West 7th Street and Washington Street.
- Washington Street will remain open to traffic during the project.
- Westbound Kellogg Boulevard vehicles at Washington Street will be allowed to turn right onto Washington Street, or go through the Exchange Street viaduct.
- Road detours will be posted starting July 30.
- Road closures and detours
Thursday, September 13, 2018
- The contractor has completed bridge joint installs and new concrete overlay.
- Final work items include installing the rubberized glands that seal the joints, patching concrete curb, and re-striping the road.
- Public Works is pleased to announce that the project is ahead of schedule and should open in advance of the October 1 end date.