Winter Cart Placement
- Shovel a safe and accessible pathway to your carts from your street or alley.
- Leave two feet of space between your carts and other objects, such as trees, fences, garages, or snow piles.
- All materials must fit inside your cart with the lid closed.
- Place your carts at the edge of the alley or curb with the opening facing outwards by 6:00 AM on your collection day.
- Do not place your carts on top of or behind a snowbank, or in water, where it could freeze to the ground.
- do not put your cart in the street. This can interfere with plowing.
- If you have an alley, make sure house numbers are posted on your garage.
In This Section