Snow Emergency Update
There is currently no Snow Emergency in effect.
When a Snow Emergency is declared, residents are asked to follow specific parking guidelines to allow for efficient snow removal operations. Vehicles in violation of parking restrictions will be ticketed and towed.
WATCH VIDEO: Saint Paul and Minneapolis Mayors Remind Residents (on both sides of the river) to Prepare for Winter Parking
SHOVEL YOUR SIDEWALK & CLEAR STORM DRAINS
Remember to shovel your sidewalk, as Saint Paul City Ordinance requires snow and ice to be removed from sidewalks within 24 hours. Corner property owners are asked to shovel curbs, walkways and crosswalks to the street. Do not push snow out into the streets.
If you are able, please shovel hydrants out and clear snow and ice off of any storm drains to prevent street flooding.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Get updates about our current snow operations at stpaul.gov/snow.
- Visit stpaul.gov/snowFAQs for a list of snow-related frequently asked questions.
Xav paub ntxiv ua Lus Hmoob, thov mus xyuas cov vas sab ua ntau hom lus sau txog kev kaus te kub ceev www.stpaul.gov/snowlanguages.
Para obtener información en español, visite las páginas web multilingües en el sitio web de emergencias causadas por la nieve en www.stpaul.gov/snowlanguages.
STAY INFORMED OF SNOW EMERGENCIES
- Online at stpaul.gov/snow
- Get the app
- Call 651-266-PLOW
- Subscribe to "SnowAlert" and receive an email and/or text message when a snow emergency is declared.
- Get updates at www.stpaul.gov/snowupdate
- Or text STPAUL SNOW to 468311 to receive a text message when a snow emergency is declared.
- Or text STPAUL SNOW [your email address here] to 468311 to receive an email when a snow emergency is declared.
- Check the Snow Emergency parking map
- Hmoob / Hmong
- Koj ntau ntawv tau nrog lub xov tooj cov lus STPAUL SNOW1 rau tus xov tooj 468311 koj thiaj txais tau tsab xov hais qhia koj txog xov xwm kaus snow los yog snow emergency.
- Soomaali / Somali
- U soo qor STPAUL SNOW2 468311 haddii add rabtid in aad telefonka ku heshid Somali ogaysiska waqtiga Gurmadka baraf Xaaqa. U soo qor STPAUL SNOW2 468311 haddii add rabtid in aad E-mailka ku heshid Somali ogaysiska waqtiga Gurmadka baraf Xaaqa.
- Espanol / Spanish
- Envia el mensaje de texto STPAUL SNOW3 al 468311 para recibir un mensaje de texto cuando se declare una emergencia de nieve.
- Envia el mensaje de texto STPAUL SNOW3 [su correo electronico aqui] al 468311 para recibir un correo electronico cuando se declare una emergencia de nieve.
Follow us on:
SNOW EMERGENCY PARKING GUIDELINES
Snow emergencies begin with NIGHT PLOW ROUTES at 9 p.m. the day of the declared Snow Emergency.
- Night Plow Routes are marked with signs that say "NIGHT PLOW ROUTE" or "NIGHT PLOW ROUTE THIS SIDE OF STREET."
- All of downtown Saint Paul is part of the Night Plow Route, even though no signs are posted.
- Parking is banned on Night Plow Routes until the street is plowed full-width.
- Vehicles which are not moved from Night Plow Routes by 9 p.m. on the day of the declared snow emergency will be ticketed and towed.
Look for these signs:
Snow emergencies continue with DAY PLOW ROUTES the morning following the declared Snow Emergency.
- Plowing starts after night routes are plowed, which is typically around 8 a.m.
- There are NO SIGNS on Day Plow Routes.
- Parking is banned on these routes until the street has been plowed full-width.
- Vehicles which are not moved from Day Plow Routes by 8 a.m. the day after the snow emergency has been declared will be ticketed and towed.
Ticketing and Towing
After the first two phases of the snow emergency are complete, follow-up plowing, sanding and salting and miscellaneous cleanup follows for as long as is required. Any vehicle parked in an area that has not been plowed full-width is subject to ticketing and towing for 4 days (or 96 hours) after the snow emergency initially took effect at 9 p.m.
Contact Information for Ticketing and Towing
If your vehicle was towed during a snow emergency, visit the Ticketing, Towing and Storage Fees page to find impound lot location information. To report vehicles that are in violation of snow emergency parking restrictions, call 651-266-9800.
Property Damaged from Snow Plows
If your property has been damaged by a snow plow, we apologize. Please call 651-266-9700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to report the damaged property and crews will be out to address it.