Close-Out Sale License
This license is for business advertising, representing, or holding a sale of goods, wares or merchandise, an insurance, bankrupt, mortgage, insolvent, assignee's, executor's, administrator's, receiver's, trustee's, removal or closing out sale or sale of goods, wares, or merchandise damaged by fire, smoke, water, or otherwise. If you have questions, contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
You must submit the following at least two weeks prior to the sale:
- Class T City License Application
- A letter stating the reason for the sale
- A list of inventory including wholesale or retail prices
- A completed Close-Out Sale Affidavit Form
- A Minnesota Tax Identification Number
- Required fee
This license requires an inspection approval from Licensing (Phone: 651-266-8989).
A Close-Out Sales License is $78.00 per location.
A Close-Out Sales License is valid for 90 days for issuance.