Water is Essential. So are our Workers.
Our workers continue to ensure safe, reliable water services
In the face of COVID-19, we're taking extra measures to keep our customers and employees safe. Water is essential to life, and an important part of keeping the coronavirus from spreading. Washing hands and washing re-usable face masks, regular soap and water are a main tool in the fight to stop the spread. Water doesn’t just appear in your faucet, though. Our distribution water mains are a part of the city’s critical infrastructure. Our crews are ready to respond efficiently to water main breaks if they occur, and we're prioritizing other work to focus on the most critical projects.
If you See Water Crews Working out in the Streets and Neighborhoods
- If you see our employees out in the field, they are working on a critical project and have taken steps to ensure their health and safety while reducing everyone's potential exposure to illness.
- When interacting with customers and the public, our crews will practice social distancing to help keep all of us safe and healthy.
- Please, for our employee’s health and yours, do not approach our workers. This helps maintain social distance to keep everyone safe, and lets our workers concentrate on their critical jobs.
We have suspended non-essential work that requires crews to enter homes or businesses. We are also revamping processes and procedures to keep out staff out of your homes and businesses where we can.
Despite our best efforts, someone from our staff may need to enter your home or business in the course of our work.
If an SPRWS Employee Needs to Enter Your Home:
- Any SPRWS employee who comes to your home is taking precautions, as recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- When staff arrives, they will ask if anyone in your home is sick and ask them to remain in a separate part of the house while our employee is present.
- To ensure everyone's health and safety, employees will not shake hands, and will maintain a social distance of at least six feet.
- Our worker may wear personal protective gear, such as gloves, safety glasses, or coveralls. They may also use disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer.
You can always call us with questions or concerns at 651-266-6350. Our customer service reps continue to work to serve you during regular business hours, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
For concerns after hours, please contact our dispatch office at 651-266-6874.