SPPD Headquarters temporarily closing to the public Friday, March 27
The Saint Paul Police Department Headquarters building, located at 367 Grove Street in Saint Paul, will close to the public at 4 p.m. Friday, March 27.
SPPD Headquarters will remain closed to the public until further notice.
Access to the building will be restricted to police department employees and those involved in investigations.
The Records Unit, Property Room and Predatory Offender Registration phones will no longer be accessible, although each will continue to function while the building is closed:
- Property Room—Cell phones, wallets, identification, money, keys, medication and other essential items will still be available to their owners. People who wish to pick up any of these items should call 651-266-5637 and arrange a time to pick them up at the Headquarters front doors between noon and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Records Unit—The office on the third floor will be closed to the public. Police reports may be requested online at https://www.stpaul.gov/datarequest. Applications for permits to purchase firearms will not be accepted until the Records Unit re-opens.
To apply for a permit to purchase a firearm:
- See the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension for information and application forms.
- Download and print the application form.
- Complete the application form.
Make a copy of one of the four accepted official IDs:
- MN Driver's License
- MN ID Card
- US Military ID
Mail the completed application with a copy of one of the acceptable forms of ID to:
Records Unit - Gun Permits
St. Paul Police Department
367 Grove Street
Saint Paul MN 55101
Applications must be legible and filled out thoroughly and the photos must be clear in the photocopy, otherwise your application may be delayed. City of Saint Paul is not responsible for applications and documentation lost prior to being received by the Saint Paul Police Department.
If you have any questions, please call the Records Unit at 651.266.5700.
There is NO walk-in window service at this time pursuant to Governor Walz's executive Stay-At-Home order.
The Ramsey County Sheriff's Office is responsible for issuing all Conceal and Carry permits for Ramsey County. Please see the BCA Permit to Carry page and the Permit to Carry (Conceal and Carry) application. At this time, only renewal or data change applications are being accepted. NO NEW APPLICATIONS.
- Predatory Offender Registration—Check-ins will be done using a wireless video doorbell located on a mobile stand outside of the Headquarters front doors from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.