Sustainable Saint Paul Awards
|The Sustainable Saint Paul Awards recognize community members and organizations for making a commitment to creating a more sustainable Saint Paul. By sponsoring these awards, the City of Saint Paul hopes to encourage all residents, businesses, community groups and non-profits in Saint Paul to implement similar projects.|
Now accepting nominations for the 2017 Sustainable Saint Paul awards!
Saint Paul Mayor Chris Coleman and the Saint Paul City Council are encouraging individuals, businesses and organizations to submit nominations for the 2017 Sustainable Saint Paul Awards, which honor the work being done to protect and restore the environment in Saint Paul.
Who should apply?
Individuals, businesses and organizations who do work to protect and restore the environment may nominate others or themselves for a Sustainable Saint Paul award.
Award categories include:
- Clean-up or Beautification
- Energy Efficiency or Conservation
- Environmental Education
- Exceptional Environmental Steward
- Green Building Design
- Green Products or Practices
- Local, Healthy Food
- Natural Resources Conservation
- Sustainable City Staff
- Transportation Innovations
- Waste Reduction, Composting or Recycling
- Water Quality or Conservation
- Youth Leadership Award-18 years and under
How to apply
Please complete a Sustainable St. Paul nomination form to apply for an award. Forms can be completed online or downloaded and emailed to Ana Vang at email@example.com. Click the link below to download the form:
Forms can also be mailed to:
Sustainable Saint Paul Awards
Mayor’s Office - 390 City Hall
15 West Kellogg Blvd.
Saint Paul, MN 55102
Nominations are due Thursday, March 9, 2017. For more information about the awards, please download and read the following document:
Award Winner Selection Process
Award winners will be selected by a subgroup of the City’s Sustainable Saint Paul Team, an interdepartmental team of City staff who work on supporting the urban environment. Winners will be contacted late March 2017, and will be invited to participate in an awards ceremony with Mayor Chris Coleman and the Saint Paul City Council on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 3:30 pm.
For more information about Mayor Coleman’s Sustainable Saint Paul initiative, visit the City's sustainability page.
Congratulations to the 2016 Sustainable Saint Paul Award Winners!
On April 20, 2016, Mayor Chris Coleman and the Saint Paul City Council honored 13 businesses, individuals and organizations that have demonstrated environmental leadership.
- Beautification Award - East Side Neighborhood Development Company
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation: Building Award - Landmark Center
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation: Individual Award - Chris Duffrin
- Environmental Education Award - Ramsey-Washington Metro Watershed District’s WaterFest
- Green Building Design Award - SPERO Properties
- Green Practices Award - Regions Hospital
- Local, Healthy Food: Business Award - Mississippi Market Natural Foods Co-op
- Local, Healthy Food: Community Award - Growing West Side
- Natural Resources Conservation Award - Frogtown Park and Farm
- Sustainable Living Award - Transition Town All St. Anthony Park
- Sustainable Partnership Award - Saint Paul EcoDistrict
- Water Conservation Award - CHS Field Rainwater Reuse Team
- Youth Leadership Award - Community School of Excellence’s Asian Penguins
Thank you to all nominees and members of our community who are doing great work to improve the quality of our environment.