No permit is required from from Saint Paul Parks and Recreation or
the Saint Paul Fire Department for a bonfire on park property as long as the
following requirements are met:
- All recreational bonfires shall be in designated fire rings only.
- Fuel area can be no larger than 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet in height.
- Only cut fire wood is permitted. All other
materials are prohibited, including rubbish, paper products, construction
materials, pallets, and processed wood.
- Any condition which could cause a fire to spread to within 25 feet of a structure shall be eliminated prior to ignition.
- A means shall be provided to extinguish the
fire. This can include buckets, shovels, garden hoses (if a water
source is available), or a minimum 4-A fire extinguisher.
- Fires shall constantly be attended to by a person knowledgeable in the use of the fire-extinguishing equipment provided.
- Fires shall not be ignited if the wind speed is 10 miles per hour or more.
- Wood to be burned shall not be brought to the site prior to an event.
- All unused wood must be removed from the park.