In June, July, and August 2014,
S.E.H a contractor working for the Sewer Utility will smoke test another portion of the City's sanitary sewer system. Please see the attached Project Area Map
and Smoke Testing Notice
that have been mailed to residents and property owners. This project is anticipated to be completed in August.
This project will address about a 1270-acre area and include such areas as those surrounding Mississippi River Blvd (Ford Pkwy to Lincoln), Ford Pkwy (Mississippi River Blvd to Griggs), Griggs St (Ford Pkwy to Lincoln), and Lincoln Ave (Mississippi River Blvd to Griggs).
Effective communication with affected residents/property owners is critical to the success of this project. To that end, the following means of communication will be employed:
1. Initial Public Notice - By Mail (includes: Notice
, and Project Area Map
2. Automated Phone Call to residents/property owners notifying them of the mailing and public informational meeting.
3. Public OPEN HOUSE ON APRIL 29, 2014 FROM 4:00 TO 7:00 P.M. AT GROVELAND RECREATION CENTER LOCATED AT 2021 ST CLAIR AVENUE.
4. Door Hanger Placement (to be placed approximately two to three days before testing occurs).
5. Automated Phone Call - A second automated phone call is to be placed 24 to 48 hours prior to smoke testing work beginning.
Also, close coordination with the St. Paul Fire Department is also essential to address the potential for false fire alarms.They will be updated on a reqular basis.
The Smoke Testing Crew chief can be contacted @ (651) 238-0572 if any simulated smoke is reported in a building.