Small Business Resources
Non-profit groups that provide services and technical assistance to emerging businesses and entrepreneurs:
- African Development Center, Minneapolis – provides training, lending and technical assistance to help African immigrants and refugees achieve economic prosperity in Minnesota
- Central Lakes Community College Small Business Development Center, Brainerd – provides programs and services for small businesses and entrepreneurs in the Brainerd area
- Metropolitan Consortium of Community Developers, Minneapolis – an association of community development groups that focus on housing and economic development initiatives
- Metropolitan Economic Development Association, Minneapolis – provides assistance to businesses owned and managed by entrepreneurs of color
- Minnesota Inventors Congress, Redwood Falls – offers resources for Minnesota entrepreneurs and sponsors two annual shows, the Invention and Idea Show and the Minnesota Student Inventors Congress
- Minnesota State University Small Business Development Center, Mankato – The center provides programs and services for small businesses and entrepreneurs in the Mankato area
- Neighborhood Development Center, St. Paul – offers small-business training and consultation in low-income neighborhoods
- Northside Economic Opportunity Network, Minneapolis – The goal of this group is to expand economic opportunities and build wealth for north Minneapolis residents through the creation, growth and development of small businesses.
- WomenVenture, St. Paul – helps women entrepreneurs, low-income entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses to develop and expand businesses and create jobs.