The Office of Financial Empowerment advances economic democracy that shares economic prosperity with all Saint Paul residents.
The Office of Financial Empowerment seeks to achieve these results:
- Result 1: Saint Paul residents achieve financial health.
- Result 2: Saint Paul neighborhoods achieve community wealth.
- Result 3: Saint Paul residents live in stable, accessible, fair, and equitable housing.
- Result 4: Families with children in Saint Paul have a city that cares about their future.
- Result 5: Saint Paul residents are engaged in public decision making.
People’s Prosperity Guaranteed Income Pilot
The People’s Prosperity Pilot launched in fall 2020 and provides 150 randomly selected CollegeBound Saint Paul families with a $500 unrestricted monthly cash transfers for 18 months, and the CollegeBound child will receive an additional $10 per month in their college savings account. This initiative is part of a larger national network called Mayors for a Guaranteed Income. Contact: Prosperity@ci.stpaul.mn.us or 651-266-8680.
OFE oversees the implementation of the tenant protections ordinance, Stable, Accessible, Fair, & Equitable (S.A.F.E.) Housing Saint Paul, that went into effect on March 1, 2020. Visit stpaul.gov/SAFE for more details about the policy and to find resources, trainings, forms and templates, and other helpful information about the ordinance. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-266-6305.
Fair Housing goals include increasing housing access; decreasing housing displacement; and affirmatively furthering fair housing.