Parks & Recreation Special Notices & Closures
- COVID-19 updates: For information related to closures, cancellations, and refunds regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), visit www.stpaul.gov/parks-covid19.
- Ice rinks: For updates on ice rinks, visit www.stpaul.gov/icerinks.
- Winter 2021 Ramsey County deer management activities: Saint Paul, Maplewood and Ramsey County are partnering on deer management south of I-94 this winter, pursuant to the 2020 Ramsey County Deer Management Program. In this area, the current deer population exceeds the amount of sustainable deer habitat, which may result in an unhealthy, stressed herd. Overpopulation of deer also results in damage to ornamental and garden plants, high rates of deer/vehicle collisions, and damage or excessive browsing to native trees, shrubs and plants. During the winter of 2020/2021 deer management activities will be accomplished in partnership with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Wildlife Services division. All deer removed in this program will be donated to underserved residents of Ramsey County in coordination with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
- Mississippi River area closures:
- Roads and trails leading to the Mississippi River, including entrances to Hidden Falls and Meeker Island Dog Park, may close during winter months due to steep, icy terrain.
- Silt removal in Crosby Farm Regional Park is now complete and trails from Elway to Hidden Falls have temporarily reopened. The trails will close again for asphalt work at a yet to be determined date.
- The Pig's Eye Archery Range is closed for maintenance.
- EAB: For information on boulevard ash tree removal, visit the Structured Removal webpage.
- Rec centers: For recreation center holiday closures and special hours, see the Holiday, Seasonal & Special Hours page.
- Construction projects: For more information on park, facility, road, and trail closures related to park construction projects, visit the Current Projects webpage.
- Public Works: For road closure information related to Public Works projects, visit the Public Works Road Closures page.
February 9, 2021