Parks & Recreation Special Notices & Closures
- Mississippi River flood updates: Due to rising water levels in the Mississippi River, the following locations may be experiencing temporary closures. Please follow all posted signage, do not pass barricades, and follow all safety guidance. Be aware that water levels can change quickly, so use caution while exploring areas close to the river.
- Meeker Island Dog Park/Desnoyer Trail
- Crosby Farm Regional Park
- Hidden Falls Regional Park (Boat launch closed as of 5/16)
- City House
- Watergate Marina
- Upper Landing
- Chestnut Plaza
- Lamberts Landing
- Harriet Island Pavilion and public dock
- Kelly's Landing
- Raspberry Island
- Lilydale Regional Park (Boat launch closed as of 5/16)
- Water Street (For Water Street updates, visit www.stpaul.gov/flood)
- Recreation Centers: For recreation center holiday closures and special hours, see the Holiday, Seasonal & Special Hours page.
- Great River Water Park: Due to ongoing staffing constraints, Great River Water Park has adjusted open swim hours. Great River Water Park will be closed on the following dates:
- Saturday, May 21 - Sunday, May 22
- Closed for employee training.
- Friday, May 27 - Monday, May 30
- Weather permitting, staff will be guarding Phalen Beach during these dates.
- Wednesday, June 1 - Monday, September 12
- Closed for the summer season. Please visit Highland Park Aquatic Center, Como Regional Park Pool or Phalen Beach during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to see you at Great River Water Park in the fall.
- Hidden Falls Regional Park: The Hidden Falls south entrance is closed for construction. Visit the Hidden Falls South Entrance project page for updates.
- EAB: For information on boulevard ash tree removal, visit the Structured Removal webpage.
- Design and construction updates: For more information on park, facility, road, and trail closures related to park construction projects, visit the Current Projects webpage.
- Public Works: For road closure information related to Public Works projects, visit the Public Works Road Closures page.
- COVID-19 updates: For information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), visit www.stpaul.gov/parks-covid19.
May 16, 2022