Parks & Recreation Special Notices & Closures
Winter weather updates
- Oxford Community Center: The Oxford Community Center building is temporarily closed. Jimmy Lee Recreation Center and Great River Water Park activities and programs are on hold at this time. We thank you for your patience and understanding. For updates, visit stpaul.gov/OxfordCC. To find another recreation center near you, visit stpaul.gov/reccenters.
- Recreation Centers:
- January 27: All recreation centers will be closed for a staff training.
- April 21: Only Arlington Hills Community Center, Frogtown Community Center, and Jimmy Lee/Oxford Community Center will be open. All other recreation centers will be closed for a staff training.
- Deer management activities planned for southeast Ramsey County: Saint Paul, Maplewood and Ramsey County are partnering on deer management south of I-94 this winter, pursuant to the 2022 Ramsey County Deer Management Program. In this area, the current deer population exceeds the amount of sustainable deer habitat, which may result in an unhealthy, stressed herd. Overpopulation of deer also results in damage to ornamental and garden plants, high rates of deer/vehicle collisions, and damage or excessive browsing to native trees, shrubs and plants. During the winter of 2022/2023 deer management activities will be accomplished in partnership with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Wildlife Services division. All deer removed in this program will be donated to underserved residents of Ramsey County in coordination with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
- Lower Landing Dog Park: During winter 2022-23, the dog park may need to close temporarily if temperatures are above freezing in order to protect the new turf, which has not yet been established. Expect the park to temporarily close for a period in spring 2023 to allow the turf to fully establish.
- Hidden Falls Regional Park: The Hidden Falls south entrance is closed for construction. Visit the Hidden Falls South Entrance project page for updates.
- Recreation Centers: For recreation center holiday closures and special hours, see the Holiday, Seasonal & Special Hours page.
- Mississippi River area updates:
- Roads, trails, and parkland along the Mississippi River may be closed at times due to flooding, construction, restoration, or other conditions. Please obey all barriers and signage. Please follow all posted signage, do not pass barricades, and follow all safety guidance. Be aware that water levels can change quickly. Please use caution while exploring areas close to the river.
- For flood updates, www.stpaul.gov/flood.
- EAB: For information on boulevard ash tree removal, visit the Structured Removal webpage.
- Design and construction updates: For more information on park, facility, road, and trail closures related to park construction projects, visit the Current Projects webpage.
- Public Works: For road closure information related to Public Works projects, visit the Public Works Road Closures page.
- COVID-19 updates: For information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), visit www.stpaul.gov/parks-covid19.
January 25, 2023