Parks & Recreation Special Notices & Closures
- Crosby Farm Regional Park & Highland Park: In partnership with Ramsey County, the 2022 special permit archery deer management hunt is planned to take place in Crosby Farm Regional Park and Highland Park Oct. 10-12 and Oct.21 – Nov. 2. Crosby Farm Regional Park will be closed to the public on these dates, and work in Highland Park will take place on a twenty-acre parcel of land along 7th Street, south of Montreal Avenue, that has been hunted since 2014.
- High Bridge Dog Park:
- Starting Monday, Sept. 19, 2022 the west entrance of the High Bridge Dog Park will be closed for construction at the Xcel Energy Plant. The park will remain open during this time. Enter through the east entrance on Washington Street from Shepard Road. Street parking is available along Spring Street and Washington Street. Construction is expected to last through October.
- Hidden Falls Regional Park:
- The Hidden Falls Regional Park north entrance will be partially closed from Aug. 29 to Sept. 18, 2022 for a pavement replacement project along Mississippi River Boulevard. During this time, the entrance road to Hidden Falls North will be down to one lane of traffic. Due to a tight turning radius, the boat launch will only be accessible to car-topped boats. Trailered boats should use the Lilydale boat launch during this time.
- The Hidden Falls and Ford Dam overlook parking lots will be closed through Sept. 15.
- The Hidden Falls south entrance is closed for construction. Visit the Hidden Falls South Entrance project page for updates.
- Great River Water Park: Great River Water Park will be closed for the summer season and will reopen on Monday, September 12, 2022. Please visit Highland Park Aquatic Center, Como Regional Park Pool or Phalen Beach during this time.
- Recreation Centers: For recreation center holiday closures and special hours, see the Holiday, Seasonal & Special Hours page.
- Mississippi River area updates:
- Roads, trails, and parkland along the Mississippi River may be closed at times due to flooding, construction, restoration, or other conditions. Please obey all barriers and signage. Please follow all posted signage, do not pass barricades, and follow all safety guidance. Be aware that water levels can change quickly. Please use caution while exploring areas close to the river.
- For flood updates, www.stpaul.gov/flood.
- EAB: For information on boulevard ash tree removal, visit the Structured Removal webpage.
- Design and construction updates: For more information on park, facility, road, and trail closures related to park construction projects, visit the Current Projects webpage.
- Public Works: For road closure information related to Public Works projects, visit the Public Works Road Closures page.
- COVID-19 updates: For information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), visit www.stpaul.gov/parks-covid19.
September 19, 2022