File a Police Report
If this is an Emergency please call 911
Welcome to the St. Paul Police Department Online Police Reporting System. Using this online police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and later print a copy of the police report at no cost.
If this is an incident that needs a police officer to respond, please call 911 or the non-emergency number 651-291-1111.
An on-line report is used for minor incidents that do not have a sense of urgency, are not serious, and do not pose a safety concern.
Please confirm the following to find out if online police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the city of St. Paul.
- There is no evidence to be collected.
- This did not occur on an Interstate Freeway.
- I am age 18 or older.
- I have an Email address.
- This is not a crime motivated by bias.
- This is not regarding a stolen vehicle or stolen license plates.
- This is not about a stolen firearm.
- This is not about a hit and run or any type of vehicle crash.
If you answered yes to all of the above conditions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
What happens after I submit my report?
- You will receive a temporary tracking number. This is not your official case number.
- Your report will be reviewed within the next 2 business days.
- If your report is approved, a permanent police case number will be assigned. This is the number to report to your insurance company, bank, etc. if they need it. You will receive a PDF of your police report which you can print.
- Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be contacted by an investigator.
Please check your e-mail regularly, including the spam or junk e-mail file.
Please note: this system in NOT monitored 24/7.
If you need a police response sooner than 2 days, do not use this online reporting system. Call the non-emergency number at 651-291-1111 instead.
If you have questions about the status of your report, please call the Records Unit at 651-266-5700.
Please note: Filing a false police report is a crime. M.S.S 609.505