File a Police Report
If this is an Emergency please call 911
Welcome to the St. Paul Police Department Online Police Reporting System. Using this online police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report at no cost. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the city of St. Paul.
- No evidence to be collected.
- This did not occur on an Interstate Freeway.
- I am age 18 or older.
- I have an Email address.
- This is not a crime motivated by bias.
If you answered yes to all of the above conditions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will see the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete. It will be reviewed by a police officer and then you will:
- Receive a Permanent Case Number via email. This number is used within the police department to track your report.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- Filing a false police report is a crime. M.S.S. 609.505