About Ward 4
Ward 4 includes many of Saint Paul's best-known locations, including "Minnesota's Main Street," Snelling Avenue, and a large portion of Como Park. The Green Line runs through Ward 4 along the diverse and busy University Avenue business district. Ward 4 includes all or part of five neighborhoods: Hamline-Midway, Merriam Park, Saint Anthony Park, and parts of Macalester-Groveland and Como.
View a map of the ward as of January 2023.
About Councilmember Mitra Jalali
Mitra Jalali was sworn into the Saint Paul City Council in a special election in 2018 and was reelected for a full term in 2019. Councilmember Jalali's previous work includes being an educator, community organizer, and policy aide and congressional staffer to U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison. Her priorities in office include attainable and affordable housing and homeownership, community-first public safety and police accountability, sustainability and transit, and community wealth-building through economic development. Councilmember Jalali is also passionate about organizing, inclusive community engagement, and representation for all, including underrepresented and underserved community members. In addition to serving as a City Councilwoman, she was co-chair of the 2020 U.S. Census collection initiative for Ramsey County, and currently serves on the board of the Family Housing Fund, the intergovernmental Joint Property Tax Advisory Committee, Ramsey County Dispatch and the Transportation Advisory Board.
- Shevek McKee, Executive Director
- Jenne Nelson, Executive Director
- Alexa Golemo, Executive Director
- Currently in transition, ED info to come
- Leah Timberlake Sullivan, Executive Director
Things to Do in Ward 4
Are you looking for things to do or places to visit in Ward 4? Here is a small list of ideas:
- Grab a coffee and pastry at Groundswell or Ginkgo
- Eat authentic Asian food at On’s or Master Noodle
- Try Ethiopian Food at Bole
- Nelson Cheese & Deli has the best sandwiches in town
- Play BINGO and sing Karaoke at Black Hart
- Grab a beer at Dual Citizen
- Visit the first Black-owned bookstore in MN, Black Garnet Books
- Feeling quirky? Visit the Ax-man Surplus Store
- Shop at the Eritrean-owned furniture shop, Elsa’s House of Sleep
- Check out a book at the Ward 4 Libraries: Hamline Midway Library, Saint Anthony Park Library, or Merriam Park Library
- Picnic at Newell Park
- Visit the Como Zoo & Conservatory
Stay in Touch
Keep in touch with the Ward 4 office on social media:
You can also contact the Ward 4 office directly at email@example.com or 651-266-8640.