Human Rights and Equal Economic Opportunity
Welcome to the Department of Human Rights and Equal Economic Opportunity (HREEO). HREEO is serving Saint Paul residents and businesses by advancing justice and equity through education, advocacy, and enforcement. HREEO achieves its mission by upholding the following values:
- Trust and accountability
- Community Inclusion
- Continuous Improvement
The Department of Human Rights and Equal Economic Opportunity is composed of several divisions that perform a diverse array of functions.
- Contract Compliance and Business Development
- Human Rights
- Labor Standards Enforcement and Education
- Procurement (Contract & Analysis Services)
The Department of Human Rights and Equal Economic Opportunity staffs and partners with several advisory boards, which work to better inform City of Saint Paul services and policymakers.
- Advisory Committee on Aging
- Human Rights & Equal Economic Opportunity Commission
- Labor Standards Advisory Committee
- Mayor's Advisory Committee for People with Disabilities
- Police Civilian Internal Affairs Review Commission
HREEO Office Hours
- Staff are available to assist individuals Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- Walk-in services are available during HREEO Office Hours Monday - Thursday, 8:00 - 4:00 p.m.
For general inquiries, please call the HREEO general line at (651) 266-8966 or email:
- Accessibility Coordinator for city services - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contract Compliance - email@example.com
- Human Rights Investigations - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Labor Standards Education and Enforcement - email@example.com
- Limited English Proficiency for City services firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police Civilian Internal Affairs Review Commission - email@example.com
- Procurement - firstname.lastname@example.org
What is HREEO?
The City of Saint Paul completed an equal access audit in 2007 to examine the city's contracting and workforce development policies. As a result, HREEO was created to improve the inclusive contracting practices and workforce development strategies of the City of Saint Paul. The department consolidated existing city resources to better serve, monitor, and enforce policies designed to expand economic opportunities and produce a more economically inclusive Saint Paul.
Visit HREEO Publications for additional event videos and reports.