Human Rights and Equal Economic Opportunity
Welcome to the Department of Human Rights and Equal Economic Opportunity (HREEO). HREEO is serving Saint Paul residents and businesses by advancing justice and equity through education, advocacy, and enforcement. HREEO achieves its mission by upholding the following values:
- Trust and accountability
- Community Inclusion
- Continuous Improvement
We welcome you to join our efforts.
The Department of Human Rights & Equal Economic Opportunity is composed of several divisions that perform a diverse array of functions.
- Contract Compliance and Business Development
- Human Rights
- Labor Standards Enforcement and Education
- Procurement (Contract & Analysis Services)
The Department of Human Rights & Equal Economic Opportunity staffs and partners with several advisory boards, which work to better inform policy makers.
- Advisory Committee on Aging
- Human Rights & Equal Economic Opportunity Commission
- Labor Standards Advisory Committee
- Mayor's Advisory Committee for People with Disabilities
- Police Civilian Internal Affairs Review Commission
Labor Standards Hmong Public Service Announcement
Hmong-speaking employees and employers interested in learning more about the Saint Paul Minimum Wage and Earned Sick and Safe Time laws should watch a recent Hmong public service announcement produced by the Department of Human Rights and Equal Economic Opportunity, Council Member Nelsie Yang, and Hmong TV.
Supplier Diversity Program
The City of Saint Paul is working to improve its business inclusion efforts by developing a Supplier Diversity Program.
HREEO Office Hours
HREEO staff is working both remotely and in the office.
Walk in services are available during HREEO office hours:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Staff is available to assist individuals Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Individuals can file complaints either over the phone or electronically.
For general inquiries, please call the HREEO general line at (651) 266-8966 or email:
- Human Rights - email@example.com
- Procurement - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contract Compliance and Business Development - email@example.com
- Labor Standards Education and Enforcement - firstname.lastname@example.org
What is HREEO?
The City of Saint Paul completed an equal access audit in 2007 to examine the city's contracting and workforce development policies. As a result, HREEO was created to improve the inclusive contracting practices and workforce development strategies of the City of Saint Paul. The department consolidated existing city resources to better serve, monitor, and enforce polices designed to expand economic opportunities and produce a more economically inclusive Saint Paul.
Visit HREEO Publications for additional event videos and reports.