Join us at one of two locations for the HREEO Commission meeting on Tuesday, March 21, 2023 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. Meet us at Frogtown Community Ctr, 230 Como Ave., St. Paul, MN 55103 or Carleton College, Sayles Cafe #250, 1 North College Street, Northfield, MN 55057.
HREEO Commission Meeting Schedule
- Third Tuesday of the month
- 6:00 p.m.
- Meeting locations vary
- General meetings are open to the public.
Size: 21 members
Residency: A majority of the members must be Saint Paul residents
Term: Three years
Term Limit: Three terms
Power and Duties
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Director of the Human Rights and Equal Economic Opportunity Department.
- In conjunction with the Director’s three-year term, the HREEO Commission conducts an extensive assessment of the Department’s performance.
- Conducts studies, hearings, investigations, makes recommendations and determines discrimination complaints under the Saint Paul Human Rights Ordinance, Chapter 183.
- Hear appeals under the Saint Paul Public Health, Safety and Welfare Ordinance, Chapter 233.
Administrative Hearing Procedures
- Administrative hearing procedures were adopted by the HREEO Commission pursuant to Section 183.19 (7) of the Saint Paul Legislative Code to govern the hearing of complaints brought before a hearing panel of the Commission pursuant to Section 183.24.
- The HREEO Commission adopted administrative hearing procedures pursuant to Section 233.14 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code to govern the hearing of complaints brought before a hearing panel of the HREEO Commission.
Resolutions and Public Statements of the HREEO Commission
- No-Knock Warrants Resolution
- Statement on George Floyd Murder
- Tenant Protections Ordinance
- Arrest and Conviction Records
- Police Accountability and Community Healing
- Gender Identity Resolution
- Resolution Anniversary of George Floyd Murder
1) You can now apply online by March 30th, visit Online Committee Application. You can learn more by contacting 651-266-8965.
2) Download an Application. You can apply for more than one committee per application. Mayor Carter encourages applicants to get recommendations from their City Council members.
Please return applications by March 30th to: Office of the Mayor, 390 City Hall, 15 West Kellogg Boulevard, Saint Paul, MN 55102 Phone: 651-266-8510