Upcoming HREEO Commission meetings:
HREEO Commission Review
May 22, 2018, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
The Saint Paul Human Rights and Equal Economic Opportunity Commission invites the community to attend the next commission meeting on May 22, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. The HREEO Commission will present its review of the Saint Paul Department of Human Rights and Equal Economic Opportunity.
By city ordinance, the HREEO Commission is responsible for completing a department review. The audit includes an assessment of the department, a performance review, and a recommendation to the mayor on whether to reappoint the director. The 2018 HREEO Department review consisted of surveys with staff and external contacts, staff interviews, and extensive document review.
May 22, 2018, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (Please note date changed to Fourth Tuesday)
Arlington Hills Community Center - Community Room C
1200 Payne Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55130
HREEO Commission Meetings
- Third Tuesday of the month
- 6:00 pm
- Meeting locations vary around the city and are updated each month on this page.
- General meetings are open to the public.
Size: 21 members
Residency: A majority of the members must be Saint Paul residents
Term: Three years
Term Limit: Three
Power and Duties
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Director of the Human Rights and Equal Economic Opportunity Department.
- In conjunction with the Director’s three-year term, the HREEO Commission conducts an extensive assessment of the Department’s performance.
- Conducts studies, hearings, investigations, makes recommendations and determines discrimination complaints under the Saint Paul Human Rights Ordinance, Chapter 183.
- Hear appeals under the Saint Paul Public Health, Safety and Welfare Ordinance, Chapter 233.
Administrative Hearing Procedures
- Administrative hearing procedures were adopted by the HREEO Commission pursuant to Section 183.19 (7) of the Saint Paul Legislative Code to govern the hearing of complaints brought before a hearing panel of the Commission pursuant to Section 183.24.
- The HREEO Commission adopted administrative hearing procedures pursuant to Section 233.14 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code to govern the hearing of complaints brought before a hearing panel of the HREEO Commission.
Resolutions Passed by the HREEO Commission
1) You can now apply online, visit Online Committee Application. You can learn more by contacting 651-266-8965.
2) Download an Application. You can apply for more than one committee per application. Mayor Carter encourages applicants to get recommendations from their City Council members.
Please return applications to: Office of the Mayor, 390 City Hall, 15 West Kellogg Blvd., Saint Paul, MN 55102 Phone: 651-266-8510 Fax: 651-266-8521