Upcoming HREEO Commission meetings:
January 15, 2019, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wellstone Center - Neighborhood House
179 East Robie Street - Room 212
Saint Paul, MN 55102
HREEO Commission Meeting Schedule:
- Third Tuesday of the month
- 6:00 p.m.
- Meeting locations vary around the city and are updated each month on this page.
- General meetings are open to the public.
Size: 21 members
Residency: A majority of the members must be Saint Paul residents
Term: Three years
Term Limit: Three
Power and Duties
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Director of the Human Rights and Equal Economic Opportunity Department.
- In conjunction with the Director’s three-year term, the HREEO Commission conducts an extensive assessment of the Department’s performance.
- Conducts studies, hearings, investigations, makes recommendations and determines discrimination complaints under the Saint Paul Human Rights Ordinance, Chapter 183.
- Hear appeals under the Saint Paul Public Health, Safety and Welfare Ordinance, Chapter 233.
Administrative Hearing Procedures
- Administrative hearing procedures were adopted by the HREEO Commission pursuant to Section 183.19 (7) of the Saint Paul Legislative Code to govern the hearing of complaints brought before a hearing panel of the Commission pursuant to Section 183.24.
- The HREEO Commission adopted administrative hearing procedures pursuant to Section 233.14 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code to govern the hearing of complaints brought before a hearing panel of the HREEO Commission.
Resolutions Passed by the HREEO Commission
1) You can now apply online, visit Online Committee Application. You can learn more by contacting 651-266-8965.
2) Download an Application. You can apply for more than one committee per application. Mayor Carter encourages applicants to get recommendations from their City Council members.
Please return applications to: Office of the Mayor, 390 City Hall, 15 West Kellogg Boulevard, Saint Paul, MN 55102 Phone: 651-266-8510