The Saint Paul City Attorney's Office is the second-largest municipal law office in the State of Minnesota. The Saint Paul City Attorney's Office provides legal counsel and civil litigation services to the:
- City Council
- City Departments
- Housing Redevelopment Authority
- Port Authority
- Public Housing Agency
In addition, the Saint Paul City Attorney's Office prosecutes the criminal violation of:
- City Ordinances
- State Misdemeanor Statutes
- State Gross Misdemeanor Statutes
Mission of the Saint Paul Attorney's Office
We seek justice through law, balancing accountability and equity and building prosperity while protecting the interests of the entire Saint Paul community.
Values of the Saint Paul City Attorney's Office
- Respect: We maintain an inclusive culture that honors the rights and experiences of all, encourages dialogue, and fosters patience and humanity.
- Integrity: We act with courage and conviction and speak truth. We are accountable and faithful to the rule of law and professional ethics.
- Service to Community: We work to benefit the community by connecting and engaging with each other and all of St. Paul.
- Excellence: We strive for perpetual improvement, scholarship and intellectual curiosity, proactive collaborative solutions, in order to produce better results for the city.
Driving Diversion Program
View information about the City of Saint Paul's Driving Diversion Program. See also the Minneapolis Star Tribune editorial regarding the Driving Diversion Program.
Saint Paul Blueprint for Safety
In partnership with the Saint Paul Police Department, Saint Paul Domestic Intervention Project, ISAIAH and other public agencies, the City Attorney's Office participated in the creation of the "Saint Paul Blueprint for Safety." The Blueprint is intended to establish a system wide best practice in dealing with domestic abuse in our communities and to prevent homicides.