Frequently Asked Questions

Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions

Question What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?  
Answer If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 651-291-1111.
Question What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?  
Answer No, If a crime took place outside of the City of St. Paul please call the police department for that city.
Question What if this happened on an interstate Freeway?  
Answer If this took place on a state Freeway please call the Minnesota State Patrol.
Question What is a crime "motivated by bias"?  
Answer When the victim believe the offender was motivated to commit the act based upon the victim’s race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or characteristics identified as sexual orientation.
Question Who should I contact if I have questions about using this system or about the status of my case?  
Answer You may call the St. Paul Police Records Unit at 651-266-5700.  They will be able to answer most questions or put you in touch with the right people.