Right Track YJ1 provides city-subsidized summer jobs in parks, libraries, and nonprofits.
YJ1 offers a variety of jobs for youth in recreation and community centers, pools, libraries, gardening, construction, video production and much more. Right Track YJ1 jobs may be with organizations like Saint Paul Parks & Recreation, Conservation Corps, YWCA, SPNN, Urban Roots and many more.
Benefits to Providers
- Opportunity to expose youth from diverse backgrounds to careers in your industry
- Youth wages are subsidized by Right Track
- Opportunity to interview youth applicants and make hiring recommendations
- Right Track staff are available to help troubleshoot workplace issues that arise
- Recognition on Right Track materials and website as a supporter of Saint Paul’s future workforce
What Providers Do
- Interview and recommend youth who are interested in working for your organization
- Provide a 6-to-9 week summer job between June 22 and August 14 for 15 to 20 hours per week
- Provide a designated supervisor to oversee youth performance and submit time cards
What Right Track Provides
- Orientation and training for workplace supervisors
- Payroll services for youth workers
- On-site intervention for workplace issues that arise