About Fee Assistance

Please note that credits received the Fee Assistance Program may not be used toward membership fees, annual passes, or S'more Fun daycare fees.

The City of Saint Paul operates a special program that helps families pay for Parks & Recreation youth classes and activities. Fee Assistance can be requested by families who meet program requirements when registering for youth activities. To be eligible for the program, youth must live in Saint Paul, be 18 years old or younger and qualify for free and reduced lunches. Parents/guardians may request Fee Assistance during the registration process. Proof of residency must be demonstrated prior to final registration confirmation. Proof of residency can be verified with a current driver’s license or with a current utility bill. The name on the document must match the name of the individual applying for the assistance. Participants may be enrolled in the activity pending information verification. Fee Assistance can be used toward most recreational sports or activities offered by Saint Paul Parks and Recreation. To view the online catalog of all available activities offered, click here. Note that, though adult programs are also listed in the catalog, they do not qualify for Fee Assistance credits. No refunds will be issued for unused credits.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get Fee Assistance?

Saint Paul residents can request fee assistance prior to or during the registration of a youth program. To request the assistance, you may contact any recreation center of your choosing. Residency must be demonstrated prior to assistance being granted.

Is there anything I will not be able to use a Fee Assistance credit for?

Fee Assistance credits can be used for the vast majority of programs offered. Restrictions on the use of Fee Assistance credits include season passes, membership or admission fees, and S'more Fun daycare fees (other exemptions may also apply—check with your recreation center for more details).

Is there a maximum amount of Fee Assistance I can request at one time or during the year?

Fee Assistance is based on the availability of funds, and not all requests may be able to be granted. Youth who qualify can receive up to $100 in fee assistance per year. Parents may request up to 50% of the cost of an activity. The remainder of the fee must be paid by the parent at the time of registration.

My child decided not to participate in a class that I requested Fee Assistance for. Do I lose those credits?

No, the credits will remain on the participant's account.

How will I keep track of how many Fee Assistance credits I have remaining?

Individuals may contact either Saint Paul Parks Customer Service or individual recreation center staff to find out information about unused, remaining credits. Additionally, Saint Paul Parks Customer Service and individual recreation center staff will be able to provide you with login information so that you may view your Fee Assistance information at your convenience.

Last Edited: November 17, 2021