Masks are welcome, but not required
Saint Paul Mayor Melvin Carter has lifted the masking requirement for staff and visitors in City-controlled facilities. Face masks are welcome and will be available for anyone wishing to wear one. Visitors are still encouraged to maintain distance from others when possible, to wash hands frequently, and to stay home if feeling sick. Visit our COVID-19 Updates webpage for the latest information on all our parks and recreation facilities. Note: Masks are not permitted to be worn while swimming.
New open swim hours
Starting Saturday, April 9, our open swim hours are as follows:
- Monday: 9am-11am
- Tuesday: 9am-11am
- Wednesday: 9am-11am
- Thursday: 9am-11am
- Friday: No open swim
- Saturday: 12:30pm-4:30pm
- Sunday: 12:30pm-4:30pm
Great River Water Park to close during summer season
Great River Water Park will be closed on the following dates:
- Saturday, May 21 - Sunday, May 22
- Closed for employee training.
- Friday, May 27 - Monday, May 30
- Weather permitting, staff will be guarding Phalen Beach during these dates.
- Wednesday, June 1 - Monday, September 12
- Closed for the summer season. Please visit Highland Park Aquatic Center, Como Regional Park Pool or Phalen Beach during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to see you at Great River Water Park in the fall.