Field Rental Applications
Bring the completed forms to the Municipal Athletics Office (1500 Rice Street, Saint Paul 55117), or email to FieldRentals@ci.stpaul.mn.us.
- Baseball Field Reservation Application
- Soccer Field Reservation Application
- Softball Field Reservation Application
Saint Paul Athletic Facility Rental Information
View more information on field rentals below or view in PDF form.
2024 Spring/Summer Rental Timeline
From March 1 (weather permitting) – August 17, 2024
- Initial field reservation applications will be accepted January 2 through January 19, 2024. Confirmations will be announced by February 5, 2024.
- Your rental request will not be considered if there is a past due balance on your account.
- Beginning February 5, 2024 field reservations will be accepted on a first-paid basis depending on availability.
2024 Fall Rental Timeline
From August 18, 2024 – November (weather permitting)
- We will accept rental applications for the Fall field rental season from May 20, 2024 through May 31, 2024.
- Renters who are not up to date with payments will not be allowed to reserve additional space.
- Beginning June 3, 2024 field reservations will be accepted on a first-paid basis depending on availability.
Saint Paul Municipal Athletics reserves the right to rent field space at any given time to any given applicant after the initial reservation period defines in the timeline.
Returning teams will have priority within each category. 50% of a team's/organization's roster must be defined as Saint Paul or Ramsey County residents as it relates to the respective team applying for field access. Municipal Athletics reserves the right to request proof of residency for any renting party.
- Saint Paul Parks & Recreation Programs
- Saint Paul School District Programs
- Saint Paul Youth Programs
- Saint Paul Adult Programs
- Ramsey County Youth Programs
- Ramsey County Adult Programs
- All Other Programs
The rates below refer to fields available at Municipal Athletics sports complexes. For a list of fields available at all parks and recreation centers, visit the Field Rentals page.
Resident Rates: To qualify for the resident rate at least 50% of a team’s or organization’s roster must work and/or live in St. Paul or Ramsey County. Municipal Athletics reserves the right to request proof of residency from any rental organization, group or individual.
Soccer Facility Rates
|McMurray Soccer East/West
|120 x 80 yards
|110 x 55 yards
|100 x 60 yards
|99 x 55 yards
|Temporarily out of service
|Temporarily out of service
|Sylvan Fields A & B
|70 x 45 yards
|Sylvan Field C
|70 x 90 yards
Baseball Facility Rates (Game use only)
|Toni Stone/Dunning Stadium
Softball Facility Rates
|Number of Fields
|Dunning Softball Fields
|Rice/Arlington Softball Fields
|McMurray Softball Fields
The following fields are available to rent through Municipal Athletics. For a list of fields available at all parks and recreation centers, visit the Field Rentals page.
|McMurray Practice Soccer Field
|McMurray West Soccer Field
|7 a.m.–11:30 p.m.
|McMurray East Soccer Field
|7 a.m.–11:30 p.m.
|Arlington Arkwright Soccer (opens June 1)
|Rice and Arlington (Artificial Turf)
|Toni Stone Baseball Stadium (closed September 7)
|8 a.m.–11:30 p.m.
|8 a.m.–10 p.m.
|Rice and Arlington Softball
|8 a.m.–10 p.m.
|Arlington Arkwright Baseball (mid-June thru October)
|Sylvan Soccer Fields A, B & C
Defined Times of Use (For McMurray and Arlington/Arkwright soccer fields only)
St. Paul Municipal Athletics reserves the right to rent field space at any given time to any given applicant after the initial annual reservation period.
- 7am - 3pm: First paid basis
- 3pm - 8pm: 18 & younger
- 8pm -11pm: Ages 19 & older
- All timeframes are on a first-paid basis
Moving or removing snow is prohibited at all of our facilities. Any group or individual within a group, that moves or removes snow at any of our facilities automatically forfeits all future rental dates for that group. Please make sure that everyone within your group is aware of this policy.
- All rentals require a down payment and must be submitted in writing.
- A corresponding Field/Facility Rental Application must be submitted and approved before any official permit/contract regarding field/facility reservations is administered. Rental applications can be obtained on the City of Saint Paul Municipal Athletics website or obtained by contacting the City of Saint Paul Municipal Athletics Office.
- The City of Saint Paul Municipal Athletics Office will process rental applications according to the above priority and contact the potential renter in order to verify any outstanding requests and/or availability in regards to their rental application.
- A finalized permit will be distributed via email or available for pick-up at the City of Saint Paul Municipal Athletics Office in paper form upon request.
- Seasonal rental applications/requests must be filed during the corresponding yearly timeline dates in order to be considered in a timely fashion (outlined below).
- Failure to follow the application timeline may result in delayed request processing and/or reduced field availability.
- It is the renter’s responsibility to monitor their field usage, including which field they are scheduled on, as well as start and end times. Renters that go past their scheduled end times will be billed for additional time and may be subject to other penalties such as overages fees and future account stipulations. Municipal Athletics reserves the right to cancel future rental dates if a renter does not abide by the dates and time slots listed on their permit.
- It is the renter’s responsibility to hold an updated, physical permit at the beginning of their reservation time. A field attendant has the right to request proof of reservation at any time. Unauthorized use of a field and/or facility is strictly prohibited and may result in future rental stipulations.
- Any changes to a permit/contract must be submitted in writing. (See refund policy)
- Renters are responsible for the conduct of their participants. Please ensure participants are respectful of our facilities and other renters.
- While we do our best to schedule rentals, sometimes conflicts do happen. Please contact the City of Saint Paul Municipal Athletics Office immediately if there is an issue at a facility. We cannot address a problem that we are unaware of.
- ALL rentals require a 20% deposit (down-payment) in order to confirm the reservation. A rental is not confirmed until the deposit is made.
- For rentals that compromise five (5) or fewer dates, the renter must pay the entire balance owed on their permit/contract prior to their first reservation date, or they will not be allowed access to the facility.
- For rentals that compromise six (6) or more dates, the renter has the option to establish a payment plan if they are unable to pay the rental charges in-full. Payment plans are generally billed bi-weekly, but Municipal Athletics may grant divisions of payment up to one per week for the total encompassment of the rental (e.g. rental span over five (5) week period = up to five (5) payments).
- It is the renter’s responsibility to ensure that payments are made on time.
- Municipal Athletics reserves the right to request payment in-full or deny a payment plan from any renter. In addition, Municipal Athletics also reserves the right to cancel or deny future rental dates/requests if a renter does not meet the payment requirements.
- Payments must be submitted to the Municipal Athletics Office and can be paid by cash, credit card, or business check. Payments can be made in-person, mailed or over the phone via credit card.
- NOTE: Personal checks will NOT be accepted.
Once a permit is issued:
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing. This includes cancellations due to weather.
- If the rental is canceled at least two weeks (14 calendar days) in advance of the rental date, the deposit will be refunded at 80%.
- If the rental is canceled less than two weeks (14 calendar days) in advance of the rental date, no refund for the deposit will be given.
- An exception to this policy will be made for cancellations due to severe weather or unplayable field conditions.
Goals/ Playing Equipment
Any group that will be storing or using personal playing equipment at any of our facilities must get permission from our office. You will be required to sign the Equipment Release from Liability Form. Any equipment stored at our facilities must be properly locked and secured when not in use. Please call or email our office if your organization plans on bringing athletic goals/playing equipment to one of our Athletic Facilities.