The City Parks and Recreation Department will engage community members to inform and develop a Master Plan for Summit Avenue that reviews the corridor from the Mississippi River to Downtown Saint Paul. This master plan will evaluate opportunities, constraints, and feasibility of a regional trail facility within the corridor and will serve as a guide to future transportation, pedestrian, and parkway improvements.
At this point in the process, no critical decisions have been made regarding impacts to green space. Trail concepts will be shared at the next Technical and Design Advisory meetings in the coming weeks.
Please visit www.engagestpaul.org/summit to share your ideas and experiences with the existing corridor and review meeting materials. Meeting recordings, and content will be posted here for the next advisory committee meetings when available. When the draft master plan is available, it will be posted on this site for public comment.
During the master plan process, there will be emphasis on developing a preferred cross section for the Lexington to Victoria segment, planned for reconstruction in 2023. Summit Avenue is a Regional Trail Search Corridor identified in the Metropolitan Council's Thrive MSP 2040 Regional Parks Policy Plan.
Funding for the master plan has been secured from the Parks and Trails Legacy Grant.
Share your thoughts and ideas about Summit Avenue!
- Join the community conversation and share your ideas through the Engage Saint Paul website for Summit Avenue.
- Connect with your local District Council to share feedback and get involved. A Design Advisory Committee (DAC) will include representatives from each District and Community Organizations along Summit Ave. This advisory group will meet throughout the Master Plan process. If your community group is interested in participating, please see Design Advisory Guidelines.
Opportunities to participate at meetings will be listed below when available:
- Public Information Session:
Community members are encouraged to attend a public information session planned on June 6th from 7:00-8:30pm for a project update and to review potential trail concepts.
If you would like to attend, please register for the Zoom meeting HERE:
If you are unable to attend the meeting, a comment survey will be available on the website to share your feedback with City staff on potential concepts
- Drop-In Engagement Series: Meet virtually with project staff and community members to share your ideas and learn more about the project.
- Click HERE to join the meeting, or call by phone
- Call in number: 612-315-7905
- Phone Conference ID: 212 577 410#
- Wed. February 16, 2022
- Wed. March 16, 2022
- Wed. April 13, 2022
Oct-Nov. Engagement Website & Project Kickoff
Dec-Feb. Advisory Committee Meetings & Corridor Evaluation
Mar.-Apr. Master Plan Development & Corridor Analysis
May Present Design Concepts
June-July Draft Master Plan & Open House
Aug.-Oct Final Master Plan & Approval Processes