About the Saint Paul Parks and Recreation Commission
The Parks and Recreation Commission advises the Mayor and the City Council on Parks and Recreation matters of long-range and citywide importance. Public participation is encouraged in all Commission business, and the Commission is often sought out by the public as a place to voice their concerns and opinions. The members of the Commission serve staggered, three-year terms. Member must:
- Possess a strong interest in and have knowledge about the Saint Paul Parks and Recreation system.
- Attend monthly meetings in addition to serving on subcommittees and task forces.
- Represent the Commission in its dealings with City departments, citizen groups, and outside agencies.
Parks and Recreation Commission Members
Montez, Antonio - Vice Chair
Mohamed, Abdulrahman – Youth Commission Member
Moua, Joseph – Youth Commission Member
Parks and Recreation Commission Meetings
Thursday, February 8, 2024
6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Martin Luther King Recreation Center
271 N Mackubin St
Saint Paul, MN 55102
- Regular meetings are held on the second Thursday of the month from 6:30pm-8:00pm at recreation centers in Saint Paul.
- Agendas and meeting materials will be posted online the Friday before the meeting.
- Public comments can be submitted by email with “PRC PUBLIC COMMENT” in the subject line. Comments and materials submitted by 12pm the day before the meeting will be provided to the Parks and Recreation Commission for their review.
- Subscribe online to receive monthly meeting alerts.
- Regular business meetings of the Parks and Recreation Commission are open to the public.
- All meetings are held in-person.