The River Balcony is a 1.5-mile promenade that extends along downtown Saint Paul’s signature Mississippi River bluff and down to the river. The River Balcony transforms urban infrastructure into public space that connects parks, civic landmarks, and private development along Kellogg Boulevard.
The promenade will serve as a catalyst for real-estate development, and raise visitor attendance to what has historically been the edge of downtown Saint Paul. The project will draw on multiple disciplines, including urban design and landscape architecture, to create a civic attraction that capitalizes on the views of and connections to the Mississippi River and become an international example of the highest quality sustainable design for a year-round urban experience.
- Create an authentic, signature project the length of the Saint Paul’s downtown river bluff
- Connect the city, residents, and visitors to and along the river bluff and down to the River
- Activate the river bluff with centers of activity
- Reinforce Saint Paul’s identity as the River Capital
- Engage the community to help shape the schematic design and programing
Phase 1 Schematic Design Process: General Timeline
- March 30, 2021 — RFP Opened
- July 2021 – March 2022 — Schematic Design and Engagement
- April 2022 — Vision, Cost Estimates, Phasing, Partner Roles and Responsibilities Delivered
For more information, please contact Brett Hussong: email@example.com