As of 3/14/2022 and until further notice, all Planning Commission and Committee meetings will resume in-person at the regular meeting locations. Meeting agendas have updated information.
The Transportation Committee will meet as needed on 2022 Meetings Dates. Meetings will be canceled if there is not a quorum expected, or if there are no agenda items. Meetings are held on certain Mondays from 4:30 - 6:00 p.m., in the City Hall Annex, 25 West 4th Street, 13th floor front conference room. The Transportation Committee is staffed by Bill Dermody. If you would like to receive meeting agendas via email, please email email@example.com
At the direction of the Mayor and City Council, the Planning Commission established a Transportation Committee in 2010. The Transportation Committee advises the Planning Commission on transportation-related plans, policies, and projects.
About the Committee
The Transportation Committee advises the Planning Commission, the City Council, and staff on transportation planning and project decisions, and creates a transparent public forum for such discussions. The committee’s work helps better integrate land use and transportation decisions as they relate to zoning, neighborhood and comprehensive planning, and infrastructure investments. The Committee has been asked to:
- Implement policies from the Transportation Chapter of the Comprehensive Plan. Review transportation-related zoning amendments/studies, guide new modal plans, and oversee the work of any transportation issue task forces that may be convened.
- Review Public Works projects with a significant transportation element, as well as such projects from partner agencies like Ramsey County, MnDOT, or Metro Transit, to ensure consistency with citywide plans and policies.
- Review planning or design documents for consistency with “Complete Streets” approach and the City's Street Design Manual.
- Advise, where needed, on site plans or development concepts to ensure true transportation options.
- Engage in regional/interagency projects. Coordinate with the regional and federal governments in transportation planning, and provide guidance for priorities on funding opportunities.
The Transportation Committee consists of four Planning Commissioners, and up to eight additional community members, including people who represent the following areas of interest, or multiple interests:
- Transit, including bus and passenger rail
- Pedestrian/walkability issues
- Freight and logistics industry, including trucking, rail operations, and airports
- Accessibility representatives or persons with disabilities
- Representatives of commercial corridors (i.e., small business owners)
- Downtown or business representatives.
The non-Planning Commission members are appointed by the chair of the Planning Commission. Committee members must live or work in Saint Paul and will be appointed for a term of 3 years. The Transportation Committee currently includes the following members:
- Andrea Buiser
- Treyton Daniels
- Kevin Gallatin
- Tony Kutzke
- Zoe Gale
- Dowon Hall
- Garrison McMurtrey*
- Jeff Risberg, Chair*
- Omar Syed*
- Wendy Underwood*