Requirements and Process
For most of the programs below, the City of Saint Paul must sponsor the application for the applicant to be eligible to apply. A pre-submittal meeting with Marilyn Rosendahl and your assigned City of Saint Paul project manager (if any) is highly recommended.
After the initial pre-submission meeting, the applicant must provide the following:
- Pre-application form (submitted online or completed Word document emailed to Marilyn Rosendahl)
- A brief letter of interest
- A completed Compliance Acknowledgement Letter
- A site plan or location map
- Proposed grant budget (submit the Excel worksheet as an electronic file to Marilyn Rosendahl) (for Livable Communities predevelopment and development grants only)
No fee is required for pre-application consideration.
Upon submission of the pre-application packet, a meeting between the applicant, City staff and the granting agency will be held to discuss the final application. In addition, leadership from the Department of Planning and Economic Development (PED) will review all pre-applications and determine the best project to move forward.
The selected projects must pay a nonrefundable fee upon submission of a final application to the granting agency ($750 for one application, $1,225 for more than one application for the same project).