Office of Technology & Communications
25 W 4th Street
1200 City Hall Annex
Ph: (651) 266-6770
Fx: (651) 266-8689
To provide our customers with the right information when and where they need it through:
- Service-Based Approach
- Stable and efficient infrastructure
- Business process improvement
To demonstrate leadership, stewardship, and partnership in the use of technology throughout the City to enhance the City’s effectiveness in serving the residents of St. Paul.
Areas of Operation:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Information Services (IS)
- Media Services
- Cable Communications
- Web Services
What We Do
We provide the resources and coordination necessary to:
- Work in partnership with department and office management to identify and implement cost effective technology solutions to support business needs and objectives.
- Plan, develop, and maintain a citywide infrastructure that is accessible, secure, effective and reliable. Create and maintain a desktop environment that supports employees in the performance of their daily operations.
- Coordinate GIS use and expansion as a tool to provide improved information and services.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the city web sites - external and internal.
- Research and monitor technology trends and identify applicability to the City for meeting strategic goals.
- Administer the cable franchise and serve as the City's liaison in resolving customer service issues as appropriate.
- Lead the City in the planning and development of video communications.
- Produce "award winning" video programs and City and County meeting coverage for both Channel 18 and the City's website.